Everything You Should Know About Furnace Air Filters
Your furnace air filter is crucial to your HVAC system and the overall air quality in your home! They come in different sizes and offer a range of benefits for keeping the air quality of your home clean and healthy for you and your family. What does a furnace air filter do? Just what it says in its name! It filters the air coming into your furnace. This keeps dust and debris from getting into your air and polluting your home and because of this, it’s important that you get regular filter maintenance to keep your system running at tip-top shape!
There are some things to note when it comes to your furnace air filter:
- They come in different types and sizes
- Because filters come in different sizes, it’s important to double check which size will fit into your system. Different filter types offer different advantages, some can trap the smallest of particles and others can and others last longer overall. Having a filter that is the wrong size can cause air obstruction and can mess with your HVAC’s performance. At Xcalibur Services, we’d be happy to give you a recommendation based on your system and what your needs are!
- How often should they be changed?
- Furnace filters should be changed out 3-4 times a year but it’s good to check them periodically to make sure that they don’t need to be changed out sooner. Replacing your dirty air filter with a clean one can lower your air conditioner’s energy consumption by 5% to 10%. This can give you the peace of mind that your system will be working efficiently for as long as possible!
- Sign up for a subscription!
- We know, life can be crazy busy! You have such good intentions to change out your filter but things get in the way and your dusty furnace air filter ends up sitting for way longer than you recommended. To help make your life easier, we’ve teamed up with Indoor Wellness. Don’t worry about having to make a trip to the store every time you need to replace your filter and reciting your filter size over and over to remember, we’ve got you covered! Thanks to the Indoor Wellness auto-delivery service, a new filter will be delivered to your door whenever it’s time to replace your old one! Sign up for your filter subscription here and use the code C49918 for $30 off!
If you have any questions about your filter system, give us a call today at Call (205) 718-8700. We would love to help!
Published: August 30th, 2019