Getting Your HVAC System Ready for Back to School
With summer break ending and school starting right around the corner, the amount of time you and your family spending in your home is going to go down! Here are some tips to save on your energy bill and get your HVAC system ready for the cooler weather.
- Everyone out of the house? Turn up the thermostat
- When leaving the house to head to school or work, set the thermostat to around 78 or so! This will allow your unit to not run as much during the day and cut down on your energy bill. You can do this manually every day or if you have a programmable thermostat you can set it to change when you’re leaving for the day, and then change to your normal temperature when you’re returning home.
- Change your Air Filter
- Your filters should be changed every 3-4 months. Changing them out now will get you through the first few months of the school year and will save you time from having to do them later when you’re worrying about helping with homework, picking the kids up from soccer practice, and also trying to manage your own workload.
- Schedule your Fall HVAC Unit Check:
- With fall right around the corner, now is a great time to schedule your unit inspection to make sure that everything is up and running smoothly for the cooler months. As one of the most trusted heating and cooling companies in Birmingham, AL, we are here to help.
Have any other questions about our services and how we can help take some stress off as you prepare for the school year ahead?
Give us a call today at Call (205) 718-8700.
Published: July 23rd, 2019