How you know it’s time to call an HVAC company
A properly working HVAC system can become one of your most prized possessions during the summer months. And the last thing you want to do is wait until it’s too late to assess a problem, which most people tend to do. Don’t let a broken HCAV unit bring a damper on your summer! If you’re experiencing any of the following problems, it might be time to call an HVAC company.
- Weird sounds
- Any banging, whistling, or clanking noises coming from your AC could mean that there is an object in your unit or that a connector is loose.
- Too hot or too cold
- If your home is too hot or too cold, or if you’re noticing that one room is much cooler than the other, that could be a sign that the air filter is old or that there are other issues in the air duct. This could be something that a handy homeowner could take care of themselves. However, larger issues should be handled by a professional.
- Low or Inconsistent Airflow
- Again, this could be an issue with an old filter or that there is something obstructing the vent. Other issues could include something being wrong with the thermostat or low levels of refrigerant in your unit. Depending on the issue, homeowners could be able to handle this themselves, but in some cases it might be better to call an HVAC company.
- High power bill
- This might be the one that gets your attention the most! A big jump in your energy bill could mean that your unit is sucking up more energy than it should or that it’s time to upgrade.
If you’re experiencing any of these issues, or have any other questions about some things your HVAC system is doing, give us a call today at (205) 718-8700 We would love to help!
Published: June 25th, 2019